I am a French amateur photographer. I live near Paris. I have a scientific background.
My first passion is travel. I generally choose destinations that offer unusual landscapes and / or animal species that interest me and / or a rich cultural heritage. It combines well with the photo!
About photography, here's my "I like / I do not like"
- Witness the "beauties of the world" in order everyone can realize that it would be preferable to preserve and not to destroy them,
- Photographing nature, especially the spectacular, grandiose, desolated landscapes, and paradoxically, intimate details,
- Panoramic photos (recent and growing interest)
- The beautiful lights,
- Do portraits of animals,
- Observe animal behavior and try to freeze a moment particularly characteristic of the species
- Photo of architecture,
- Photographing artworks, with a special mention for the sculpture,
- Documenting myself to understand what I see,
- Portraits in studio
- Female nudes with a preference for the Black and White (Ouch, should I say it?)
- Admire the beautiful pictures of others,
- Comments associated with the photos, especially those telling me a story that led to the picture that I look at.
I do not like:
- Make "creative" pictures: I already struggle to transcribe natural beauty,
- Reportage photography
- Spontaneous portraits (there may be exceptions)
- Make tremendous efforts to improve my chances of making a good photo, I'm still a lazy amateur
- Take pictures in burst: if I am not able to capture the right moment, it's my fault,
- Make flash pictures. Maybe I'd change my mind if I have a very sophisticated equipment to make indirect lighting
- heavy post-processing: it's a nasty habit born with the digital photography to shoot anyhow and then improve the clichés, because it is easy. I think a photo should be successful at shooting time and not after.
- See photos heavily processed when it's too obvious: I hate excesssive sharpening to make people believe that a picture is sharp and also artificially saturated colors.
I have a big stock of slides and paper photos, I just decided to scan some of them. I'll propose them among more recent digital photos.
|Appareil photographique:||Canon EOS 100, Canon EOS 20D, Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 5, Pentax LX, Pentax ME Super|
|Note:||Silver Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer
phibau is a favorite of 1 member.
|Favoris:||No Members · 6 photos|
Mammoth Hot Springs (6)
hippotrague noir (2)